Thursday, November 17, 2011

Demi Moore Divorce: Actress Files for Split from Ashton Kutcher

Non-shocking news from the world of Hollywood marriages: Demi Moore has told the Associated Press that she's filing for divorce from Ashton Kutcher. The celebrity couple was besieged with rumors of a split since September, when gossip magazines reported Kutcher was with another woman in San Diego on Sept. 24 -- the night of Kutcher and Moore's wedding anniversary. "It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I have decided to end my six-year marriage to Ashton," Moore said in a statement to the AP. "As a woman, a mother and a wife there are certain values and vows that I hold sacred, and it is in this spirit that I have chosen to move forward with my life. This is a trying time for me and my family, and so I would ask for the same compassion and privacy that you would give to anyone going through a similar situation." Moore and Kutcher are quite intertwined in each other's lives: not only did they co-launch the DNA foundation, an organization that combats child-sex exploitation around the world, but Moore also has Kutcher's name on her Twitter handler. As of post time, Moore had not changed the account name. Meanwhile, Kutcher tweeted his own thoughts on the split. "Marriage is one of the most difficult things in the world and unfortunately sometimes they fail," he wrote. "Love and Light, AK." For more on Moore and Kutcher, head over to Huffington Post. [Photo: AP] Follow Moviefone on Twitter Like Moviefone on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment